As you may have heard, thanks to a fan-based fundraising efforts on Kickstarter, the Veronica Mars movie is full-steam ahead. Casting news has trickled out over the past few weeks. Here’s a roundup:
• Series regulars Francis Capra (Weevil), Jason Dohring (Logan), Enrico Colantoni (Best Dad Ever), Percy Daggs III (Wallace), Tina Majorino (Mac), and Kristen Bell (ahem) will all return.
• Completely random one-off characters will return, including Christine Lakin (Susan Knight), Sam Huntington (Luke Haldeman), Kevin Sheridan (Sean Friedrich), and Jonathan Chesner (Corny, the funny stoner.)
• Krysten Ritter will reprise the role of Gia, the mayor’s daughter featured in Season Two. Ritter also tweeted that she’s been hanging out with Martin Starr on set. Starr wasn’t in Veronica Mars, but he was in in creator Rob Thomas’s series Party Down.
• Max Greenfield (Deputy Leo) and Brandon Hillock (Deputy Sacks) will continue to keep Neptune safe.
• Chris Lowell will return as Piz, that guy from Season Three.
• Amanda Noret will play Madison Sinclair, buxom villainess.
• Daran Norris will once again bring the dulcet tones of Cliff McCormack to our ears.
• And Ryan Hansen will return as everyone’s favorite sun-bleached jerk, Dick Casablancas. Please watch the video he created below. Seriously, watch it all the way through. Please.