Although I still groan every time somebody mentions “The Initiative”, this was another solid hour in Revenge’s reinvigorated sophomore season.
I’m most enjoying the fact that Emily is back to being a kickass, manipulative heroine with a resourceful solution to every problem that comes her way. In this case, it was the devious Mason Treadwell whom she capably handled and imprisoned by the end of the hour with one heck of a deal. In addition to her sneaky tactics, I loved the final kiss with Aiden as the show is finally going there with their relationship. That’s just a really cool coupling that I can’t wait to see more of.
Meanwhile, Kara finally snapped and I adored her holding the Graysons hostage. It’s so satisfying to hear them flat-out confess their heinous crimes for once. The tension ratcheted up nicely during the sequence as our villains held hands (in a surprisingly touching moment) only for Aiden to save them at the last second.
- Loved Emily finally revealing the truth to Mason.
- I hate to say it, but Madeleine Stowe is nowhere near as gorgeous as she was last year. Did I just get over her or did she have some more work done on her face?
- More stuff happened with Jack and Declan. I still don’t care.
- I was shocked to see Emily lose her cool (banging on the wheel like a madwoman) when Mason went off-book with Kara.
- Padma is still useless. Shocker.
- Love the surprised look on Victoria’s face as Conrad gave her a genuine goodnight kiss. I wonder if they’ll actually fall for each other all over again.
Daniel: Mom and Dad will be very touched, assuming it’s not ticking.
Nolan: You might have mentioned that. 'Hey Nolan. This one time, at Revenge camp, I met this fellow avenger and oh, guess where he’s going to be summering?'
- A compelling and intriguing hour of Revenge.
3.5 out of 5 scandalous book deals.
Previously posted at Nad's Reviews.