"Not everyone can be saved."
How was this not the season finale?
Amanda's backstory was always going to be one hell of a twisted story and I gotta say it made a lot of sense in the grand scheme of things. We discovered that her father was studying PTSD through brutal experiments on her twin sister Helen (who ultimately was revealed to be in fact Amanda herself). That was pretty awesome twist that I did not see coming, culminating in our favorite villainess slaughtering her family and setting her childhood home on fire. It's all remarkably warped and fitting of a psychotic character whom we've been watching unravel for the past three years.
But most importantly, they killed odd Sean! While I am a fan of him and Alex, I have to say Dillon Cassey has been supremely underutilized this year so at least his death will have enormous ramifications on the rest of the season. His goodbye scene with Alex was positively magnificent and both Casey and Fonseca seriously knocked it out of the park with their emotionally-charged performances. Is there any doubt that the writers will eventually put Alex with Owen now? All that butterfly bonding earlier in the season finally makes sense.
I truly have no idea where we're going to go next in the final episodes of the year, particularly with Owen and Amanda on the run, and Alex probably on the verge of a rampage. Too many exciting prospects to consider so let's see if the standard can be maintained.
Bits & Bullets
- Nikita was pretty useless this week huh? All she really did was tag along Amanda's induced mindtrip and hear babbling about saving and redeeming people who can't be saved. I am intrigued to find out what Mandy did to her though. Hopefully it's something different than Owen and Alex.
- It's simply hilarious that Daddy Mandy use to drink the same tea in those tiny little cups.
- Owen/Sam is still a hoot with his sarcasm and brutal efficiency.
- How cool was Sonia wielding a machine gun? More please.
- It was insanely satisfying to watch Alex gun down annoying Rachel. Good riddance.
- All Sean wanted was to see Alex get better. Pretty heartbreaking. And what a haunting final shot with Nikki and Michael standing over Sean's body in a decimated Division.
Birkhoff: I'm not leaving without Sonia.
Owen: I got goosebumps.
Sean: I can't let Birkhoff be braver than me.
Michael: I'll push them off.
Owen: My hero.
- A powerful and layered hour of Nikita.
4 out of 5 Daddy Mandy teas.
Previously posted on Nad's Reviews.